Secure Testing Inc. is your one-stop clinic for not only drug testing, but we also utilize a breath alcohol tester. All of our employees are fully certified on this device for DOT and Non-DOT testing.
The MARK-V is DOT/NHTSA approved and uses a precision Electrochemical Fuel Cell to provide reliable and accurate test results. The fuel cell responds directly and proportionately to Breath Alcohol Concentration (BrAC), with a stable lifespan.
The “proprietary” electrochemical fuel cell is particularly sensitive to alcohol, but is not responsive to acetone or any other breath substances.
The MARK V® ALCOVISOR® Breathalyzer is a hand-held, micro-processor driven, breath alcohol testing instrument using a precision Platinum Electrochemical Fuel Cell. The fuel cell is specific for alcohol and therefore does not respond to acetone or other substances which can be found in human breath. The Mark V provides a simple, economical method of determining a subject’s breath alcohol concentration with evidential grade accuracy. The MARK V uses a unique reversible mouthpiece design providing operator safety and flexibility. NHTSA (U.S. DOT) approved Evidential Breath Tester CE Mark RoHS approved.
- Precision Fuel-Cell Technology
- Easy Mouthpiece Insertion
- Visibility in Low-Light Conditions
- Alcohol Sensor – Platinum Elctrochemical fuel cell generates an electrical current in response to alcohol vapor.
- Accuracy – Meets DOT specifications +/- 0.005% up to 0.100% BrAC and +/-5% above 0.100% BrAC.
- Sample Accuracy – 0.001% (digital display)
- Detection Range – 0.00 to 0.400 BrAC
- Response Time – 10 seconds or less, with a Recover time of less than 1 minute.
- Breath Sample Time – Up to 12 seconds continuous breath – minimum 4 seconds